Thursday, November 1, 2007

Snail Mail: Sometimes Faster than a Speeding Bullet

I recently took a giant step into the twenty-first century by signing up for Netflix. (My local library didn't have set four of Foyle's War.)

The Netflix discs are sent by US Postal mail. I am amazed at the speed involved, and would love to know how the rest of my mail, both outgoing and incoming, can zip through the US postal system as quickly as the Netflix mail does.

Example: Saturday I put my return envelope in the mailbox at the PO about 9am. On Monday, by 8:30 am, I have an email from Netflix that they have received the disc. Later that day, I get an email that they are mailing the next disc, which should arrive the next day. And sure enough, it does.

I, of course, can't keep up: the disc then sits around until I have time to view it.

No comments: